Escalation League | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Jun 10 '17
How interested would everyone be in an escalation league for this summer. We could all select a force and work it up from something like 750 points to 2000 over the course of the summer. That way we'd have a great way to introduce the game to new players (I saw a gentleman discussing how to get started with flames of war with Mike at the tournament today) and help organize some play for us throughout the summer 
Jeff Shue
Jeff Shue Jun 11 '17
Seems like a good idea.  LW ?
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Jun 11 '17
I think Late War may be the best period for everyone to play and get games in. 
John Birdwell
John Birdwell Jun 11 '17

I agree! That time period is what most people get into first! And we all have stuff to play in the time period!

Nick
Nick Jun 23 '17
That would be great i allways need a reason to start a new armey ;)
Jochabed Copeland
Jochabed Copeland Jun 24 '17

this would be a good way for me to learn how to play my soviets...

Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Jun 24 '17
Let's take some time tomorrow then and give it a good discuss! I do think starting at around 750-1000 points and then working our way up would be a good idea. 
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Jun 25 '17
The preliminary rules for the escalation rules have been posted
Bill White
Bill White Jul 4 '17
Question: For the initial 750 point list, are the compulsory platoons compulsory?
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Jul 4 '17
They are indeed compulsory, You should be able to have enough points for your combat platoons and potentially a weapons platoon or two
Bill White
Bill White Jul 17 '17
Anybody wish to to take on my 750 points of ferocious Canadian armored cars Sunday?
James Copeland
James Copeland Jul 17 '17
I would love to. I am unfortunately in Fallon NV. living up the Navy life here....

Ill give it a go when I return however!
James Copeland
James Copeland Jul 17 '17

Secondly,

Ian, If you look at my list the ABSOLUTE minimum I am required to take with no upgrades, is 815 points...

Solutions?

Bill White
Bill White Jul 17 '17

Quote from James Copeland I would love to. I am unfortunately in Fallon NV. living up the Navy life here....

Ill give it a go when I return however!
I hear the ocean is nice in Nevada!
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Jul 17 '17
Austin, play that list of 10 Stugs at 815, however they shall be the lowest rating they are possible to be for fairness to the opposing player. Otherwise if you or another player is in a similar situation (on a case by case basis) is welcome to take one less compulsory platoon to make the 750 point limit for the first week.
Thomas Slopnick
Thomas Slopnick Jul 18 '17
I think that tank companies should be exempted from the two compulsory unit rule for the first round so that they can make the point limit without too much compromise.
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Jul 19 '17
After pondering it I believe Tom is correct here...tank armies may reduce compulsory platoons by 1 in order to meet the points limit and have some other toys to play with for the first escalation league round. 

World War II Photos