Red Thunder in Red October? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Jeff Shue Sep 11

A few of us have been talking about doing a Red Thunder campaign starting in October.  Atlantis has the campaign set.  I was thinking of trying for a 15 or 22 October start date.  That would give us enough time to get organized and folks to get their armies together.  For points we were thinking of 100 point battles. 

Thoughts?  Interest?

I'll be playing Soviets.

Ian Birdwell Sep 11
I'm down for a little red on blue action just so long as I don't have to run it! 

I'm cool with 100 Points too, but I think if we have a host of people coming into team yankee we may want to make it a little more of an escalation format. 

Regardless, sign me up for the good ol' US of A. 

The Forum post is edited by Ian Birdwell Sep 11
I'm in and playing for the RED team
John Birdwell Sep 12
Jeff I also have one of those packs. And I will be playing East Germans. However, since some of us do not have an entire force of 100 points maybe we should start at 50 and work our way?
Bill White Sep 12
I say do the points battle by battle depending on who shows up with what on each Sunday. Some people want to play 100 pts, they play 100 pts. Others want or only have 50 and they play 50 point games, etc.... As far as running it, we can just use the map to keep track of the progress. Mike can dole out the pins : ).
Jeff Shue Sep 13
I was sort of thinking along the same lines as Bill.  Also there is nothing stopping us from doing a doubles game to get to the 100 points.  Pairing up a new player with an experienced one my be a good learning experience.
I have 84 points of Brits... and by Sunday should be able to get to the 100 pt 
Bill White Sep 14
I have some new MSR's! 

World War II Photos