The Crossover Tournament | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Bill White
Bill White Dec 2 '17
So it was discussed today that our (Atlantis) next Tournament 

should be Sunday Feb. 18th (day before President’s day). 1780 LW Open (No Fortified). This will be the day after the Fredericksburg TY tournament so I’m calling it the crossover tournament.

There’s been two EW tournaments recently with another coming up at barragecon in Jan. 

The Forum post is edited by Bill White Dec 2 '17
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Dec 4 '17
The thing I'm worried about if we scheduled it this way, is the competition the two events may breed between themselves. I do like the idea of a late-war tournament though, it sounds like a refreshing change from the winter of early war. 
Bill White
Bill White Dec 4 '17
Quote from Ian Birdwell The thing I'm worried about if we scheduled it this way, is the competition the two events may breed between themselves. I do like the idea of a late-war tournament though, it sounds like a refreshing change from the winter of early war. 
This was a group consensus. We have a pretty good crowd locally, add in the Fredericksburg guys, Chris Jackson and Robert Bonkamp and we should have a good turnout. I haven’t talked to the store.  We can hit up Mike this weekend about it. 
Ed Sales
Ed Sales Dec 5 '17
Ian, I'm not a fan of Saturday/Sunday Tournaments myself, but the group was pretty enthusiastic about it. It' also a 3 day holiday weekend. Chris Jackson/Robert Bomkamp will be coming up from the Carolinas for both days. It will be a good showing I believe.

Plus, I think we are all looking forward to a return to LW after we all wanted some EW events.
Robert Bomkamp
Robert Bomkamp Dec 6 '17
What are the dates being discussed? 
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Dec 6 '17
Oh I have no problem with a return to late-war, Ed. My big concern I suppose was more personal in that I wanted to attend your event and I know that I absolutely cannot swing a whole weekend of tournaments. 

However, I am willing to bow to the overall feelings of the group on this, as the needs of the many will outweigh the needs of the few. 

Brian
Brian Dec 6 '17
Quote from Ian Birdwell Oh I have no problem with a return to late-war, Ed. My big concern I suppose was more personal in that I wanted to attend your event and I know that I absolutely cannot swing a whole weekend of tournaments. 

However, I am willing to bow to the overall feelings of the group on this, as the needs of the many will outweigh the needs of the few. 

“Needs.”
Bill White
Bill White Dec 10 '17
The store agreed to the tournament today. 1780, Late War Open, no Fortified Companies, Updated Missions. Once they post the event on FB, I’ll share it amongst the various pages.
The Forum post is edited by Bill White Dec 10 '17
Ed Sales
Ed Sales Dec 11 '17
Quote from Bill White The store agreed to the tournament today. 1780, Late War Open, no Fortified Companies, Updated Missions. Once they post the event on FB, I’ll share it amongst the various pages.
Awesome!
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Dec 12 '17
Can we use the armies of late war book?
Bill White
Bill White Dec 12 '17
Yes it is LW Open so any V4 list that isn’t a Fortified Company.
Bill White
Bill White Dec 12 '17
It still hasn’t gone up on their FB page yet.
Challis Miles
Challis Miles Dec 15 '17
Well shoot, I'm gonna have to start practising.
Bill White
Bill White Dec 15 '17
Still no joy on seeing the tournament go up on their FB page or Website unless I’m missing it. I’ll bug Mike on Sunday again if it still isn’t up.
Ed Sales
Ed Sales Dec 24 '17
I saw it get posted on FB, how do we sign up?
Bill White
Bill White Dec 25 '17
The store usually has a sign up sheet. I’ll put you down.
Ed Sales
Ed Sales Dec 26 '17
Quote from Bill White The store usually has a sign up sheet. I’ll put you down.
Thanks!
Brian
Brian Jan 3
I reckon you can count me in since I’ll be in Virginia anyways. 

World War II Photos