April 21st Chantilly, VA LW 1775 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Ed Sales
Ed Sales Mar 6 '18

Game Tavern Trial by FireApril 21st 1775 Points Late War4124 H Walney Road, Chantilly, Virginia 20151
Sign In: 10:00 AMRound One: 10:30 AM - 1:00 PMLunch: 1:00 PM - 1:15 PMRound Two: 1:15 PM - 3:45 PMRound Three: 3:50 PM - 6:20 PM
$5.00 Admission fee which covers lunch. Prize Support provided by Battlefront Maxium 36 Players. Every player will receive at least one prize. This event will be counted as an offical battlefront event, and all players will get the extra 5 points for the U.S. Rankings.
Players are encouraged to start their games as soon as the pairings are made, regardless of the time. If all games finished early, the next round begins early.
All army lists aviable on Forces of War, or in the following books are permitted.
Any lists from PDFs not included on Flames of War are not permitted.
Red Bear (Revised)Grey Wolf (Revised)Atlantik WallOverlordDesperate MeasuresBerlinArdennes OffensiveBattle of the BulgeGung HoBanzaiMarket GardenBridge by BridgeNachtjagerArmies of Late War
Fortified companies are permitted. Battleplans will be used, as a result any company that always attack of defends ignores that special rule and instead may choose a battleplan. Rules discrepancies will be dealt with as rules as written, with any changes from Lessons from the Front or more missions pack. Responses on the forum or via email are not to be used as a way deciding a ruling, as it is not easily aviable for all to see. If there is a disagreement about rules, roll off, or see the TO for a final decision.
For registration and questions email Brian.Sullivan@battlefront.co.nz

Brian
Brian Apr 4 '18
Anyone planning to sign up for this? 
Bill White
Bill White Apr 4 '18
You should have me down already. How many do you have signed up? 
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Apr 4 '18
I think some of us have considered it. I'm still on the fence due to real life things at the moment. 
John Birdwell
John Birdwell Apr 5 '18
I'm still considering it. Have to see about real life things happening first.
Brian
Brian Apr 12 '18
Of the Norfolk crew, I have commitments from Bill, James Copeland and his wife, and James Best Jr. 

The tournament is next weekend and I’m starting to make a list of what terrain and prizes I need to bring. Pete, Ian, John, Challis, and anyone else who I’ve failed to mention, if you would like to attend please confirm with me by Monday. The store is literally building tables for us, and I don’t want to make them build more than we need. 
Bill White
Bill White Apr 13 '18
I doubt anyone besides those that have committed are going based on last Sunday’s conversation. How many have you got? I’m kind of hoping to play some new people. Mitch and Sean going to be there?

I was going back and forth between Americans and Germans. I will have Americans.
Bill White
Bill White Apr 13 '18
I’m driving up Friday if anyone is interested in a Friday evening game, store permitting.
Brian
Brian Apr 13 '18
Right now we have 25 registered players. Mitch and Sean are ringers. I want as many people as I can get to come out for this event. 
Bill White
Bill White Apr 13 '18
Cool, been a while since there’s been a non nationals tournament over 20 guys. Also the store sounds really committed to supporting FOW. I’m guessing tournaments here will be a pretty common occurrence in the future.
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Apr 13 '18
20 plus players sounds really interesting and a good opportunity......and plus all of my big papers are due that week and not the week after......
Brian
Brian Apr 13 '18
Quote from Bill White Cool, been a while since there’s been a non nationals tournament over 20 guys. Also the store sounds really committed to supporting FOW. I’m guessing tournaments here will be a pretty common occurrence in the future.
Considering I’ll be living like 20 minutes away from this store, I’ll probably run events there regularly. 

World War II Photos