German MG company redundant points | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Mar 27 '18
For the May 19th tournament, I'm looking at the German MG company.  Below is a MG platoon. A couple questions. First, if I don't have all the trucks & field cars and don't plan on using them, do I still need to have them with me? Second, Do the redundant command teams come in to play here?

Cmd SMG team
Kfz 15 field car
Light mortar team
MG34 HMG team
Kfz 70 truck
MG team

Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Mar 27 '18
What is the breakdown of heavy weapons teams to infantry teams before the addition of optional teams? 

The lessons from the front read 

"The Redundant Teams rule on page 7 removes command Infantry teams, Staff teams, and Observer teams from Gun Units. What is a Gun Unit? 

A Gun Units is one that apart from its Command Infantry team and any Transport teams is predominantly composed of Heavy Weapons, Gun, or Tank teams (before any optional teams are added)."

So my guess is that if there are more infantry teams then gun teams then redundant teams don't apply, but if the inverse is true then redundant teams do apply. 

John Birdwell
John Birdwell Mar 27 '18
I don't really think that this unit should have redundant teams due to the fact that you can switch all the HMG teams for MG teams if you want before the game. And if you do then there are not redundant teams. And if you need German trucks, you can borrow some of mine!
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Mar 28 '18
Thanks guys, damn confusing if ya ask me!
Bill White
Bill White Mar 28 '18
What book/list is this?
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Mar 28 '18
mg-kompanie hellfire and back
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Mar 28 '18
You know thinking on it, it is an interesting conundrum. 

My father is right in that if you decide to exchange all of your HMG teams for MG teams you'll not have to have the redundant teams rule applied. But, there is no specification as to when one would apply the redundant teams rule. Its an odd grey area because its like a phantom 10 points/smg team. And nothing has been clarified over this platoon in any of the erratas or FAQs battlefront has released in a while. 
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Mar 29 '18
Ian, that is exactly why I asked you guys.  It's rather confusing. I have found another list for our tournament to use that is probably a bit better.
Brian
Brian Apr 9 '18
I would say that you don’t get a rebate of any kind. That’s the price you pay for having the sort of flexibility this list provides. If you field them as HMGs they don’t get their command team, if you field them as infantry they do. 
J. J. McClure
J. J. McClure Apr 18 '18
BLUF: The command team is not included.

The rebate is done during construction effectively changing the profile of the original book unit.  This occurs before the inclusion of any optional teams or combat attachments. 

-  Combat attachments are done before deployment. (PG 7)

-  The gun/HMG team redundant teams are removed and if the unit leader from the detaching unit leaves the unit is gone and is unable to be attached to. (Lessons MAR18) "The Unit Leader must be one of the

compulsory Gun teams."

World War II Photos

No content