Multi-formation Question | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
J. J. McClure
J. J. McClure Apr 16 '18

Is there anything besides good taste that prevents me from attempting to field this?

Primary Formation

Compulsory Sperrverband Harzer HQ 

Compulsory Ersatz Panzergrenadier Platoon

Compulsory Ersatz Panzergrenadier Platoon

Ersatz Heavy Panzergrenadier Platoon

SS-Rocket Launcher Battery 

Secondary Formation

Compulsory Kampfgruppe Hummel HQ 

Compulsory Hummel Schwere Panzer Platoon 

Compulsory Hummel Schwere Panzer Platoon 

Secondary Formation

Compulsory Kampfgruppe Swoboda HQ

Compulsory Heavy Anti-aircraft Gun Battery 

Compulsory Heavy Anti-aircraft Gun Battery 

Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Apr 16 '18
Those formations seem to be really fragile from what I can tell. Its certainly a doable list, but it may be picked apart. 
Brian
Brian Apr 17 '18
By chance were you planning to come the tournament at the Game Tavern in Chantilly this weekend? There is nothing that prevents you from bringing an army like this, aside from the desire to perform well. If memory serves, this entire army is trained, which is good for lower cost, but bad for lowering casualties, Germans especially rely on veterancy. Your 88s being reluctant trained can easily be negated with pinning or driven from the field. In fact your opponent only needs to kill your HQ, and 3 88s and they have a strong possibility of breaking that formation. The Tigers lack the bonuses of Tiger Ace, and there are a lot of guns in Late War capable of killing them. You’d be better off with one big formation.
The Forum post is edited by Brian Apr 17 '18
J. J. McClure
J. J. McClure Apr 17 '18
I was just trying to digest the rules for multi-formation units.  I would have to take it back into the lab to really power game through it.

World War II Photos

No content