Escalation League this summer | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Apr 23 '18
What would be everyone's favored make-up for a summer escalation league? 

ie, A specific campaign setting, early war, mid war, or late war? 

John Birdwell
John Birdwell Apr 23 '18
Late War for me! It seems to be the most complete so far!
Dan ONeil
Dan ONeil Apr 23 '18
Team Yankee... and ill leave half way through it....
Bill White
Bill White Apr 24 '18
Team Yankee and I won’t leave half way through it.
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Apr 24 '18
My hesitation with a team yankee league is we have several people without team yankee forces who may wish to participate in an escalation league and likely not enough forces to help get them all playing especially with Dan departing halfway through. 
John Birdwell
John Birdwell Apr 24 '18
Team Yankee does sound good! And for those who do not have troops, well we do have stuff to share! And with the book Free Nations coming out, there are even more choices to pick from if someone wanted to start an army!
Bill White
Bill White Apr 25 '18
Quote from Ian Birdwell My hesitation with a team yankee league is we have several people without team yankee forces who may wish to participate in an escalation league and likely not enough forces to help get them all playing especially with Dan departing halfway through. 
I agree I just like Team Yankee. I guess LW as it would probably have the most draw.
Brian
Brian Apr 26 '18
Don’t forget, that the purpose of an escalation league is to provide players who don’t have armies a chance to get started small. 
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Apr 26 '18
That is true, if there is enough interest we can certainly shoot to do a team yankee escalation league this summer. 
John Birdwell
John Birdwell Apr 26 '18

Since we have not done anything with Team Yankee this year, that may be a good choice! Especially since the new book is coming out and we will have quite a bit of NATO forces out. You know like USA, British, West German, and now Dutch, Canadian, Aussie and Kiwi, and French! Of course we only still have East German and Russian on the other side, but some people have been saying that other Warsaw Pact Nations may be coming out later this year! Overall I believe an Escalation League would be good to run this summer!

Dan ONeil
Dan ONeil Apr 26 '18
http://nodicenoglory.com/...team-yankee-spoiled/

link to the force org for the Free Nations.

Bill White
Bill White Apr 26 '18
Either way I am in the process of painting the US anti BMP (and anti infantry) horde now.
Thomas Slopnick
Thomas Slopnick Apr 28 '18
I’m going to be in and out of town all summer so I’ll just participate when I can. I’m not very fond of Team Yankee, at least not in 15mm, but I have enough bits and bobs to play pretty much every era.

Is the eastern front MW stuff coming out this summer? Might that encourage some MW (all-fronts) love?
Brian
Brian Apr 28 '18
August is the earliest that any Eastern Front stuff will be out. 
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Apr 30 '18
A mid-war league could be fun, but it may be one to push off until August and the release of all of the fun mid-war things. That being said maybe we do the firestorm Stripes campaign this summer and then do a mid-war escalation league in the fall? 
Bill White
Bill White Apr 30 '18
Works for me.
Jeff Shue
Jeff Shue May 2 '18
I'm up for pretty much anything.
John Birdwell
John Birdwell May 2 '18

Same for me!

Brian
Brian May 2 '18
Not that it matter much to me given the distance I would have to traverse to play with you. But the Stalingrad books drop in late August and early September. If you guys want to do a Stalingrad campaign I might be able to slide a good portion of a city board your way. 
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell May 2 '18
Challis and I have been in talks to do a Stalingrad themed campaign for a while actually, a city board could certainly make things interesting. 
Pages: 1 2 »

World War II Photos

No content