Games Tavern MW Tournament | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Bill White
Bill White Aug 15 '18
Just curious who’s going from our group to this tournament on the 25th? The store is pretty cool with a huge open gaming area with lots of space and nice tables. They have a pretty impressive selection of hobby supplies too, I’m half going just to restock some AK stuff. Should be a good time with people we don’t normally play against.
James Copeland
James Copeland Aug 16 '18

I am planning on attending

Bill White
Bill White Aug 25 '18
I was talking with the owner of the Games Tavern on Friday evening. He said if anyone from our club was for sure coming today he would cover their entrance fee. Something to remember for the future as I’m sure he would do this again as he appreciates how far it is for us to come to his store to play. Next tournament is 100 points TY the weekend before Fall In. He has a pretty good local following of TY.
The Forum post is edited by Bill White Aug 25 '18
Ed Sales
Ed Sales Aug 27 '18
Quote from Bill White I was talking with the owner of the Games Tavern on Friday evening. He said if anyone from our club was for sure coming today he would cover their entrance fee. Something to remember for the future as I’m sure he would do this again as he appreciates how far it is for us to come to his store to play. Next tournament is 100 points TY the weekend before Fall In. He has a pretty good local following of TY.
Bill, I'm not sure if you noticed, but all those guys painting except for 1 were either talking about TY or painting TY. The guy who filled in at Round 2 and then played 40K got into it because of TY.

If Fall-In wasn't the weekend after, I'd consider going up for the Fall Offensive.
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Aug 27 '18
When is this again? I'd be almost maybe willing to dust off the ol' Team Yankee forces
Bill White
Bill White Aug 27 '18
November 2nd. I mentioned it to Mitch and found out he is actually running it. He said it will not be 100pts. Closer to 64 at the end when I finally agreed to disagree so who knows what it will be. Definitely not 100 to give newer players a chance to not have to pant so much. Of course the flip side to that is at 100 points you can run MBT's and not have to paint so much, but he who runs the tournament gets to decide : ).
James Copeland
James Copeland Sep 1 '18

YAY SCORPIONS!!!

World War II Photos