sunday | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
John Birdwell
John Birdwell Apr 4 '16
Ok! From what was said last weekend we are playing 1500 points and it is early war! Right? And yes Pete you can use some of my German's. Or all of them if I play Italians! Just let me know what equipment you want to play.
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Apr 5 '16
Cool, thanks John! I'll put together a list and let you know.
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Apr 5 '16
From the Blitzkrieg bookGerman Mittlere PanzerTank Company, from Blitzkrieg, page 68
Compulsory Mittlere Panzer Company HQ (p.69) - CinC Panzer IV D, 2iC Panzer II C (early) (195 pts)

Compulsory Verlastete Panzer I Platoon (p.71) - Command Panzer I, 4x Panzer I (190 pts)

Compulsory Mittlere Panzer Platoon (p.69) - Command Panzer IV D, Panzer IV D (300 pts)

Panzer II Platoon (p.67) - Command Panzer II C (late), 4x Panzer II C (late) (280 pts)

Motorised Light Artillery Battery (p.104) - Command SMG, Staff, Observer Rifle, Motorcycle and sidecar, 4x 10.5cm leFH18 howitzer (360 pts)
- Kfz 15 field car, Kfz 68 radio truck, Sd Kfz 11 half-track per gun (5 pts)

Air Support (p.102) - Priority Ju 87B Stuka (150 pts)

1480 Points, 4 Platoons
John Birdwell
John Birdwell Apr 5 '16

Pete, I only have two PZ4D's. However, I would say that this list may work. It has 11 better tanks instead of 14 tanks of less worth. It has better Air Support and the same Artillery. You have the following:

1 Command Tank

5 PZ2s

3 PZ3s

2 PZ4s

4 105mm guns

Far better Air Support

and just for kicks and to use up five points, a recovery vehicle!

15004Headquarters Compulsory Mittlere Panzer Company HQ (p.69)CinC Panzerbefehlswagen, 2iC Panzer II C (early), Panzer II C (early)CV120- Upgrade TankReplace Panzer II C (early) with Panzer II C (late) (must Replace all Panzer II C (early))10- RecoverySd Kfz 9 half-track5Combat Compulsory Panzer II Platoon (p.67)Command Panzer II C (early), 2x Panzer II C (early)CV1351Compulsory Panzer III Platoon (p.69)Command Panzer III E, 2x Panzer III ECV3901Mittlere Panzer Platoon (p.69)Command Panzer IV D, Panzer IV DCV3001Support Motorised Light Artillery Battery (p.104)Command SMG, Staff, Observer Rifle, Motorcycle and sidecar, 4x 10.5cm leFH18 howitzerCV3601- TransportKfz 15 field car, Kfz 68 radio truck, Sd Kfz 11 half-track per gun5Air Support (p.102)Priority Ju 87B Stuka (Schwerpunkt)175
The Forum post is edited by John Birdwell Apr 5 '16
John Birdwell
John Birdwell Apr 5 '16
I am thinking of running my Italians! I get a lot of fair tanks with some infantry and a good amount of artillery along with air support for 1500 points! The armor of my tanks is just about the same and I have a better gun then most of the german tanks and two full batteries of artillery! No Flak though! I just don't have any light flak for my Italian's yet!
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Apr 6 '16
John, whatever list you come up with for me to be able to play Sunday is fine.  More importantly, I really appreciate you letting me borrow stuff!  
John Birdwell
John Birdwell Apr 6 '16
Pete look over the lists and let me know what you would like to play for Early war. I have quite a few early war tanks for the german's. Not enough to play an entire company of PZ1s though. Only about 8 of them and about 12-15 PZ2s and plenty of PZ3s and only two PZ4d's. I do have an entire infantry company with plenty of artillery and A/T guns. Just let me know and I will tell you if I have the stuff for it.
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Apr 7 '16
Will do John
Jeff Shue
Jeff Shue Apr 7 '16

I've come up with a couple of Brit lists.  I was also able to scrape together a German list.

I plan on going up to DC this weekend unless the weather really sucks.  If I go up I probably won't make it to Atlantis until 1.

Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Apr 9 '16
John, what book did you pull the list from?
John Birdwell
John Birdwell Apr 9 '16

Sorry. I have been really sick for the last couple of days. I pulled it out of BK and the Italian list out of Hellfire. I have enough german stuff for most lists out of BK and Hellfire for your use. Just put several together and print them out and on sunday we can pick one. Do a couple of infantry ones and the same with the armored ones. And make sure they are ones that you think will be fun to play!

Jeff Shue
Jeff Shue Apr 9 '16
Plans have changed and I didn't go to DC.  See y'all at noon.  Looks like I need to be prepared with Brit lists.
John Birdwell
John Birdwell Apr 9 '16
Yeah! Brit Targets! LOL!
John Birdwell
John Birdwell Apr 9 '16

In Burning Empires I found an Early War FJ list that I just may play one day. What do you guys think about it?

14957Headquarters Compulsory Fallschirmjager Company HQ (p.73)CinC SMG, 2iC SMGFV55- Anti-tank RifleAnti-tank Rifle25Combat Compulsory Fallschirmjager Platoon (p.73)Command Rifle/MG, 9x Rifle/MGFV2651Compulsory Fallschirmjager Platoon (p.73)Command Rifle/MG, 9x Rifle/MGFV2651Weapons Fallschirmjager Machine-gun Platoon (p.74)Command SMG, 4x MG34 HMGFV1501Fallschirmjager Light Gun Platoon (p.75)Command SMG, 2x 7.5cm LG40 recoilless gunFV1651Regimental Support Fallschirmjager Light Anti-tank Platoon (p.76)Command SMG, 3x 3.7cm PaK36 gunFV1251- TransportKfz 15 field car, Motorcycle and sidecar per gun5Fallschirmjager Anti-aircraft Gun Platoon (p.77)Command SMG, 2x 2cm FlaK38 gunFV651- TrucksKfz 15 field car, Motorcycle and sidecar per gun5Support Fallschirmjager Artillery Battery (p.77)Command SMG, Staff, Observer Rifle, 4x 7.5cm GebG36 gunFV1901- TrucksMotorcycle and sidecar, Kfz 15 field car, Kettenkrad half-track per mortar5Air Support (p.71)Priority Ju 87B Stuka (Schwerpunkt)175

World War II Photos