Tanksgiving Event | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Anna Cook
Anna Cook Nov 9 '15
Hello All!

I wanted to go ahead and put up a Facebook post on the store page for Tanksgiving, but part of what needs to be decided is the era (Late/Mid/Early/AIW) and if you all would rather have a paid event with store credit prize or a free event.

Let me know, and I'll get this posted soon!
Jeff Shue
Jeff Shue Nov 9 '15
Should be Late war.  Tank Companies only.  No Air.  Artillery will use across the Volga rules - essentially the batteries are off map, just the observers, command teams, and staff team are on the map.  Question: 2000 points or 2500 per tank company?
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Nov 10 '15
I'm game for whatever we decide. Rangers, I believe this should be a free event.  Input is welcome.
Jeff Shue
Jeff Shue Nov 10 '15
Agreed free event.  Let's go with 2000 points and you can field multiple companies as long as red vs. blue is even. 
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Nov 11 '15
Roger that Jeff.  Also, are we confirmed for Saturday November 21st? What time? 

Anna Cook
Anna Cook Nov 11 '15
I figured a start at 1 PM would be good.
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Nov 11 '15
Sounds good to me Anna.  BTW - have you stocked the new FOW merchandise you had ordered?
Jeff Shue
Jeff Shue Nov 12 '15
Saturday 21st or Sunday 22nd.  For some reason I was thinking it was Sunday.  Either day works for me. 
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Nov 13 '15
I believe Saturday Jeff.
Anna Cook
Anna Cook Nov 13 '15
We're doing Sunday, Nov 22 at 1:00 PM.
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Nov 14 '15
Thanks Anna! I'll create an event here.  Can you provide me the link to your tanksgiving FB page? I'll post that as well.
darcy m moran
darcy m moran Nov 14 '15
how many do we have yet doing this i might have enough tanks to do this not sure? what book we playing out of?
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Nov 14 '15
Darcy, I know that Jeff and I will be there. Jeff had mentioned a 2000 game using the across the volga rules. It would be awesome if you could join us.
Jeff Shue
Jeff Shue Nov 16 '15

Figure 2000 point tank companies.  No air, Artillery will use Across the Volga rules- essentially the guns are off the table but the HQ, staff teams, and observers are on the table. 

I'll bring my armies and have a couple of 2000 point, allied and German, companies ready. 

The Forum post is edited by Jeff Shue Nov 16 '15
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Nov 17 '15
Sounds excellent Jeff!
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Nov 23 '15
Guys, post your pics in here... 

World War II Photos

No content