25SEP16 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
James Copeland
James Copeland Sep 19 '16
Any ideas or desires for a game this Sunday?

Anyone available for a game during the week?
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Sep 19 '16
I'm not opposed to late war this weekend, but am willing to play whatever. As for games in the week, this week is a little tough to fit a game in as I'm closing most of my shifts. 
Russell Crouch
Russell Crouch Sep 20 '16
Unfortunately I will not be available this weekend. I might be able to get a game in during the week but I'll have to check. 
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Sep 20 '16
I'll play whatever... 
Challis Miles
Challis Miles Sep 20 '16
I can potentially play a game on Friday. This weekend I'm up for whatever, as always. Might be fun to organize a team battle? 2v2 city fight? Or something similar. I have plenty of ruins I can bring. I also have my beach landing box if anyone is up for that mission? Also, I'm on the fence, but I think I may start a Japanese infantry company. Or at least buy the pieces and let the boxes sit on my desk lol I've been watching items on eBay like a fiend. What are y'alls thoughts?
James Copeland
James Copeland Sep 21 '16

Japanese are a Early war and Pacific force yes?

Jeff Shue
Jeff Shue Sep 21 '16
A Late-War team battle would be fun.  How many points per company we talking?  1000, 1250, 1500?
James Copeland
James Copeland Sep 21 '16
1000 pt  per player would be a good team game, 1250 at the most.
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Sep 21 '16
We could even theme it around a specific battle if we really wanted to. I'm a fan of 1000 points myself
Challis Miles
Challis Miles Sep 21 '16
Japanese are EW, PW and LW. And I pulled the trigger. I've got something like 1700 plus points on the way (gotta have options lol). I vote for 1250 since most of my German stuff is pretty spendy. Are we doing 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4? I personally think a 2v2 game on one table and two 1v1s on the other tables. What are we thinking for battles? You guys need to get more armies haha We have two brit only players and two US only players. Doesn't give us a ton of historical options.. Maybe the Market Garden book? Although the German lists for that area are pretty crap IMO.
Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Sep 21 '16
The bulge books just dropped, we could also do the liberation of Paris if we wanted or the Normandy breakout
Pete Desnoyers
Pete Desnoyers Sep 22 '16
Yeah, Yeah, Challis, I'm still working on my French and by default in a way by buying French and American stuff, I may have a brit list of some sort as well.  I'm putting together a 1250 list...

Pete Desnoyers
FYI, my list comes from the new Battle of the Bulge book.
Challis Miles
Challis Miles Sep 22 '16
I meant you guys need more -axis- armies... Buying more allied forces doesn't help me stop playing Germans every week :P
The Forum post is edited by Challis Miles Sep 22 '16
Pete Desnoyers
Ah misunderstood Challis, sorry man
Challis Miles
Challis Miles Sep 22 '16
Haha no worries. If it hadn't been for you guys I would've never got my Panzergrens to where they are now!
James Copeland
James Copeland Sep 22 '16

I am putting an axis list together, it should be ready in a month or so, its very piecemeal.. but its a start

Ian Birdwell
Ian Birdwell Sep 22 '16
I've got my first two platoons of Hungarians ready for clear-coat and then basing. But I don't know if I'll be able to get them done before sunday with the humidity the way it is. 
Brian
Brian Sep 23 '16
Quote from Ian Birdwell I've got my first two platoons of Hungarians ready for clear-coat and then basing. But I don't know if I'll be able to get them done before sunday with the humidity the way it is. 
Hungarians are great, especially in late war. They're Germans lite, except they're better at assault. 
Challis Miles
Challis Miles Sep 23 '16
I can't wait to get these Japanese started. They're even better than I thought they were. Almost guaranteed for a 4-3 because you have to kill every single stand to win the game hahaha Hooray for axis!
Pages: 1 2 »

World War II Photos